Q: Loud rattling from rear

I hear a loud rattling in the rear of the vehicle when I am driving. It is less noticeable on smooth surfaces, but very noticeable when going over potholes or uneven surfaces. I am not sure, but I think it might be the rear strut.

A: The information provided leads me to believ...

The information provided leads me to believe that the rattling noise you are experiencing in your Chevy Impala is the rear stabilizer end links failing. It can be difficult to identify a noise problem without physically driving and inspecting your vehicle. It may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to go over your Chevy with you. They will be able to perform a test drive to confirm the noises you are experiencing and then inspect the suspension system to locate the source of the rattle. Once the problem is identified, they will be able to assist in making the repairs necessary to eliminate the rattling noise and get you back on the road noise free.