Q: Loud knock and not truck will not drive when gas pedal is pressed down

We were driving approx. 70 mph and heard a loud noise from under the truck. It sounded like we ran over a huge rock the hit the bottom. Pulled off right away and parked. Truck will turn on and shift into gear but will not move forward when I step on gas pedal. What might be wrong and will it roll if in neutral for tow?

This sounds like you broke a driveshaft or the clutch broke causing the transmission to not engage. You should look at the driveshaft to see if it is intact on the transmission and rear end. If you have 4 wheel drive you may have broke something in the transfer case. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and check truck to determine what broke.

3. Loud knock and not truck will not drive when gas pedal is pressed down