Q: No control over steering

The car runs, but I have no control over the steering. I think it needs the tie rod replaced.

If you really have zero control over steering the wheels it sounds to me like something more serious has broken. The rack and pinion itself has failed, or the intermediate shaft between the steering column and rack and pinion has broken. You have two tie rods per side, one inner, one outer. Even if one of those broke, which is uncommon, you would still be able to move one front wheel. I would recommend a qualified mechanic from YourMechanic come out and inspect your steering wheel to determine the cause of the problem.