Q: Loss of right secondary timing tension when warm 2005 Cadillac STS

2005 3.6 ly7... changed head gaskets, complete timing set and oem oil pump... car starts up with minimal timing noise, the noise goes away after a second or two and is fine while driving untill it is completely at operating temp. at that time there is still minimal noise at idle but it does not keep tension under load. i am using full synthetic 5w-30 with a wix filter. there is a considerable amount of build up in the oil filter

Hi there - camshaft timing actuators utilize oil pressure to vary cam timing. They have oil seals that wear and cause loss of oil pressure as do other engine parts. Since these seals "leak" inside the engine, it is sometimes difficult to detect a worn actuator or actuator seal. This loss of pressure, as well as other oil pressure loss from a higher mileage engine, may be combining to result with inadequate oil pressure, despite your replacement of the oil pump (a good move). I recommend an engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.