Q: loss of power

At hi way speed the truck just lost power l pulled over and it would not go over 1100RPMs and barely move but would Rev in neutral moved a little better in low gear but still would not go over 1100 or so RPMs

A: Hi there. Although it’s difficult to accura...

Hi there. Although it’s difficult to accurately diagnose a problem like this over a computer, this sounds like your Ford Super Duty has entered "limp mode". This is a fail safe activation code that is caused by some mechanical or sensor issue found inside the transmission. It essentially locks your vehicle in low gear and controls fuel flow to ensure you can’t go quicker than 20 mph or so; allowing you to drive to the dealer for service. However, it could be other issues besides limp mode; which means you should have a professional mechanic inspect your vehicle to determine why your truck lost power.