Q: Locks and windows not always working

I think I need some electrical work done on my truck. Sometimes the locks and windows will not work.

If the issues stem from using the controls on the drivers door to control door locks and windows on the other doors, then the problem is likely in the drivers door harness. If the problem stems at one of the other doors (or passenger door only if not a crew cab), then the door harness of that door needs to be checked. The door harness wiring under the bellows between the door and the door sill flexes and bends due to movement of the harness as the door opens and closes. This stress can cause breaks in the wire causing intermittent contact leading to intermittent operation of things like locks and windows. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the expertise and access to wiring diagrams to trace and test the wiring to address the wiring concerns.