Q: Lock/unlock malfunctioning and sync system goes black

Yesterday morning, my car would not lock for 15 minutes. Then later in the day, the locks would not unlock. I used the code on the outside door panel to get in and I called the sync people. They told me how to bypass the normal startup and that made it possible to drive home with the fob in a special place. I took my car to the dealership and another upgrade was performed or another master reset. Another problem is that my seats still do not heat and with my back trouble I need that. The entire sync system went black and it keeps stopping. When this happens, I pull over and wait a while. Then it begins to work again; however, after that it looks different. What needs to be done to get my car to properly function?

A: Hey there. There have been many complaints ...

Hey there. There have been many complaints about this system. Unfortunately, I don't have the repair information available for your vehicle because it is so new. Since your vehicle is still under warranty, I recommend you take it back to the dealership and insist that they make it right.

You can also try the following reset procedure:

1. Delete sync from your phone's connected devices
  2. With the vehicle running, go to the settings tab.
  3. On the next page, tap the bluetooth devices tab followed by the phone tab.
  4. On the right side of the screen, touch delete tab.
  5. Turn off your vehicle and open the hood.
  6. Remove the negative battery cable.
  7. Power down your phone for at least a minute. Then, turn your phone back on.
  8. Reinstall the negative battery cable.
  9. Start the vehicle and allow it to run while the system goes through its reboot procedure.
  10. Turn off the vehicle and open the door.
  11. Restart the vehicle.

If the problem persists, you should get in touch with the dealer and have this repaired as needed.