Q: Will alternator or starter make car .it started this when i turn my ac on

The battery service light came on when i turn AC on then go dead

A: If the <a href='https://www.yourmechanic.co...

If the alternator has failed, the vehicle will run until the battery dies as the alternator is responsible for maintaining the charge on the alternator.

The battery light illuminating on the dashboard is usually the tell tale sign that the alternator or alternator fuse has experienced a malfunction. If the vehicle cranks and starts while hooked to jumper cables, you can probably rule out the starter. I'd suggest having one of our mobile experts come and test the electrical system.