Q: Keys won't turn in ignition

I have tried jiggling key in slot, jiggling steering wheel, foot on brake. Battery is OK because headlights turn on. Car has not been started in three weeks. Have had problem in the past, Each time jiggling key in slot eventually has worked. Not this time.

Hi there. From the description you have given, your ignition may have developed some wear over time. Trying another key may correct the problem you are having. If an alternate key does not resolve the problem, then it could be the lock cylinder that needs replacement. The lock cylinder may no longer be functional. Consult with the dealer to see if you need a lock cylinder replacement. Alternatively, if you don’t want to have a dealer take the first look, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the key turning problem.

3. Keys won't turn in ignition