Q: Key gets stuck in ignition

The key gets stuck in the ignition, and I can't always turn it to start it. Sometimes the key won't come out. Do I need new ignition cylinder?

Also the hood latch doesn't hold, and I can't open the tailgate.

A: Yes it sounds like you are having an issue ...

Yes it sounds like you are having an issue with your lock cylinder. Some lock cylinders and keys are tied to the theft deterrent system in the vehicle, so after installation it might be necessary to have the lock reprogrammed to your vehicle. The other thing that might be necessary will be to re-key the new lock cylinder to fit the old key. If you don't do this, you might end up with different keys for the door and the ignition. A certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect your ignition and come up with any repairs as necessary.