Q: Jeep won't start.

I went to start my jeep and it just was cranking but wouldn't turn over. I tried it again a little later and it started right away. Turned it off and tried to start again and nothing.If I pump the gas pedal it will start but is running very rough and as soon as I let off the gas it kills. I thought maybe it's the fuel pump but I can hear it come on and when I have someone try and start it and I push it the port on the fuel rail gas is coming out in a steady steam. And there is no check engine light on. What could it be?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle sounds like it is getting fuel pressure while starting or holding it while the vehicle is off. This does not necessarily mean that the fuel pump is sustaining pressure after the vehicle is started. The best test is using an in-line gauge while cranking and starting. With that being said, if the fuel system (including the injectors) test to be okay, you will want to look into the air intake system. This includes the mass airflow sensors and the air filter/ducts. Double check the battery and alternator have clean, dry, and tight connections (including grounds). Make sure the throttle body is clean, and has good electrical connections. You may then need to look into the spark plugs and wires from there. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department.

3. Jeep won't start.