Second opinion] Why would my transmission just stopped an...

Second opinion] Why would my transmission just stopped and won't go into any gear Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the level of your transmission fluid? Is it bright red, or is it dirty? It is CDT and it is full <b...

Second opinion] Why would my transmission just stopped and won't go into any gear Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the level of your transmission fluid? Is it bright red, or is it dirty? It is CDT and it is full Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your transmissions? 2011 Jeep [Compass](/topics-compass/) 4 by 4 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Compass yourself? What have you tried so far? I remove the battery post and put it back I turned it off for 10 seconds it started back still nothing

Automotive Expert
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! You can ask unlimited questions to any of the 12,000 Experts! From doctors, lawyers, tech support, contractors, tutors, auto and boat mechanics, appliance technicians, veterinarians, accountants, appraisers, psychologists, engineers, heavy machinery masters, dream interpreters, and more, we've got you covered, 24/7. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be able to assist you. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Thank you for taking the time to let us help you out with this problem and hopefully we can sort it out quickly. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. This can be cause by either a major fluid leak, pump failure, valve body problem, or a broken shift cable. You'll have to check the transmission to see if the cable is moving the shift arm when you select the different gears. If it does then it's an internal transmission problem. If not then the cable is faulty. My goal is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. If I’m not online at the time, I will respond ASAP when I get back.

There's no fluid leak, fluid is clean and full. It shifts in to gear but won't move. Will what you're describing cause the check engine light to come on
Automotive Expert
Typically it would not cause the light to come on.

can it be something else
Automotive Expert
Yes. It could be a pump failure or torque converter failure. You'll have to get a line pressure test done on it.

Are those expensive fixes
Automotive Expert
You'll have to pull the transmission out.

Can you give me a estimate for the repairs?
Automotive Expert
It would be about $700.

Oh that's doable, I was thinking that it was going to be few thousand
Automotive Expert
Well of course it would need to be tested. We are just speculating without testing to see what is actually causing the problem.

K,thx
Automotive Expert
You're very welcome.

Can you tell me the worst case scenario and how much it'll cost
Automotive Expert
Worse case scenario would be an internal catastrophic mechanical failure. In this case it would cost around $5000 to repair.

Whoa
Automotive Expert
Yes it's expensive.

I don't understand why it would be catastrophic, it was running fine and shifting well
Automotive Expert
Yes I don't think it is either. It think it's a pump problem.

I hope and pray that it is. That does sound logical
Automotive Expert
Me too!