Quot;change oil" message has been coming on the last 6 mo...

Quot;change oil" message has been coming on the last 6 months, even if oil has been changed. Now the red oil icon has been coming on. How can I tell if it's a faulty sensor or a failing oil pump? Mechanic's Assistant: Whic...

Quot;change oil" message has been coming on the last 6 months, even if oil has been changed. Now the red oil icon has been coming on. How can I tell if it's a faulty sensor or a failing oil pump? Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered? Change oil sensor. No trouble codes, except "change oil" still comes up once in a while. I have no check engine code, but the red oil icon scares me. Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2008 jeep renegade Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Renegade yourself? What have you tried so far? I haven't done anything but make sure my oil is clean and up to safe level. Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? I think that covers it

Automotive Expert
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I have over 22 years of experience in this field. I'm so sorry for your inconvenience and hopefully, I can help. You need to reset the oil life message. To do this follow these steps. 1. Turn the ignition to the ON position. Do not start. 2. Press the accelerator to the floor 3 times within 10 seconds. 3. Turn the ignition OFF 4.Turn the ignition to the ON position again and now the light should be OFF.