Q: 2016 Audi A3 1.8T loses accelerating power around 40mph, and upon acceleration, it jerks/sputters and slows down instead.

I was going aboit 60-65 on the fwy today and then my car started to stutter/sputter. When I tried to accelerate, it continued to sputter and jerk, and slowed down. I bought my car as a CPO. I've only driven it less than 1000 miles, bought it at 19k miles. It's an automatic.

Hi there. With less than 20,000 miles, having acceleration issues on an Audi A3 is definitely not typical. It is likely that you have either an electrical glitch, caused by a fuel or ignition system sensor or electrical connection to the sensor. The best way to have this issue resolved is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection.

3. 2016 Audi A3 1.8T loses accelerating power around 40mph, and upon acceleration, it jerks/sputters and slows down instead.