Q: Jay

I drive about 10 miles a day. Car sits in garage. My temperature gage takes about five minutes to gradually move from C to mid range on dial and stays stable. On longer trips gage remains stable also. Coolant reservoir at max. No engine problems. No temperature gage movement past mid range. Do I have a problem. Vehicle serviced recently, oil change, air filter. Coolant changed 2 years ago. Do I have a problem.

Hi there. At first glance, it appears that there is nothing wrong with your car. In general, it takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for a vehicle to reach peak operating temperature - which on a temperature gauge is around the middle of the gauge. I’d say you’re doing a great job maintaining your car. Keep up the good work and let us know if you have any symptoms so we can help.