Q: It's overheating and when it does a tube gets huge

It's overheating and when it does a tube gets huge

A: Hello there, many faults will cause your 20...

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2002 Ford Focus to overheat. When it overheats and if one of the radiator hoses expands the most likely fault is the head gasket. When a head gasket leaks it allows combustion gases into the coolant system, causing hoses to expand and in some cases blow off.

If you’d like to have this repaired, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your overheating car and make any repairs required.

• Note: This vehicle should not be driven until repairs have been made as overheating a vehicle can damage the engine and cooling system.