Q: I have a problem with keeping the vehicle running

asked by on July 16, 2017

Whenever I start the truck, I have to keep my foot on the gas pedal to keep it running. I just wanna know how can I fix this? I has been sitting around for about 5-6 months.

Hi there. You may have a dirty or failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve reads the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine at low speeds and at idle. It’s also possible that you have a faulty fuel pump or restriction in the fuel filter. It might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and compete a car is slow to accelerate inspection to correctly diagnose this issue.