My car is a 2001 Toyota Corolla. It will not go in revers...

Q: My car is a 2001 Toyota Corolla. It will not go in reverse. When i shift it into reverse it doesn't move backwards and when I push

asked by on August 16, 2017

My car will not go into reverse. When i shift it into reverse it does not move backwards at all, it just roars when i push the has lightly or heavily. I have not added transmission fluid or changed the filter aince purchaseing the car almost 5 years ago. What are the possible causes and is it worth fixing?

You should check the fluid level in the transmission to see if it is low on fluid or the fluid is burnt. If it is low then have leak checked and top off fluid to see if it now moves in reverse. if it still does not move then you may have a worn out reverse band in the transmission and other parts that would require rebuilt or replacement transmission in vehicle.