Q: Does the battery on a 2012 Lexus rx350 need to be changed at the dealership or can I replace it myself

Does the battery on a 2012 Lexus rx350 need to be changed at the dealership or can I replace it myself? Advance Auto would not because it would have to be reprogrammed. Is this true?

Hi there. On newer vehicles, replacing the battery is not as simple as it once was. There is an ECU programming that is required on your Lexus, but one of our mobile mechanics should have the right digital scanner to access and clear these codes. You can request a battery replacement for your 2012 Lexus RX350 to see if it’s worth your while to have one of our mechanics complete it for you, vs. taking it to the dealership.

• Does the battery on a 2012 Lexus rx350 need to be changed at the dealership or can I replace it myself