Q: Is there a way to check if my all-wheel drive is functioning properly?

I don't seem to be getting any power to my front wheels when I am in slippery situations such as snow, etc. The rear wheels will spin and that is when I am supposed to get power to the front. That doesn't seem to be happening. The model is supposed to have all-wheel drive, but I don't seem to have it...

Hi there. My research has found that your vehicle has what is called a "SmartTrak" system for the all wheel drive. This system allegedly has to detect wheels slipping prior to transferring power to the other wheels; the front wheels. Proper lifting equipment and a capable scan tool would be needed to safely attempt to activate the system to see if it’s working. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and determine if the system is operating properly. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a transfer case operation inspection.

• Is there a way to check if my all-wheel drive is functioning properly?