Q: Q: Check engine light

My check fuel fill inlet light has been coming on and off for about a week, and just today the check engine light came on. Are the related? If the check fuel fill inlet is on when I get gas it goes off after I get gas.

Hi There, This is most likely related to your gas cap, which can generally trigger the check engine light to come on if it is not on tightly or if it is leaking. I would suggest having you gas cap checked for leakage as this is a fairly common issue among many vehicles. The fuel system has a series of emissions control devices in place to keep the fuel tank from leaking fumes into the atmosphere. The fuel cap is one part of this system and when it leaks, this will cause the check fuel cap light to come on as you have described.

3. Q: Check engine light