Q: Interior lights don't work when doors are opened

I have some problems with the lights inside the car. If I open any door, the interior lights don't turn on. If I turn the light switch on, the lights work. How can I fix this?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300D. Typically there are a couple of different options in the interior light switches. There is usually an option to turn them on manually, or to have them come on automatically when a door is opened. Although, this may sound obvious, often times this switch is in an incorrect position. I would double check to be sure the switch is in the "auto" position before digging too deep into this. If you are still having problems and would like some help, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the interior lights for any electrical issues that may need repair.

3. Interior lights don't work when doors are opened