Q: Interior lights blink on/off & car quits on interstate on my 2001 Chrysler LHS

There has been an ongoing problem with my car’s interior lights blinking on and off. This even happens when I have parked the car and the ignition is Off. There seems to be a pattern of these electrical problems occuring every 5-6 months, when the battery dies. I will be driving and it will just cut off! This happens on the interstate too - it will just cut off - Very dangerous!! This problem is increasingly getting worse and worse. I have seen others, on the internet, with this same complaint of electrical problems. Please give me advice on how to solve this problem. Thanks.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2001 Chrysler LHS. The body control module (BCM) controls the interior lights for this vehicle. The BCM gets inputs for the interior lights to come on by any one of the door switches or the interior light switch. If any one of these switches short out then the BCM will turn on the lights. The electrical system should be scanned and the door switches checked. The stall while driving may be due to loss of spark or fuel pressure on this vehicle and will need to be verified and tested when it dies by a mechanic.

3. Interior lights blink on/off & car quits on interstate on my 2001 Chrysler LHS