Q: Intake Manifold v

We were in the process of having a CPV Oil valve done on our 2006 BMW 530ix and now we are told it has a bad part in the intake manifold and it is going to be another $300 for this part. Would they have found this part while fixing the CPV oil valve. I am not a mechanic.

The short answer is yes. They can and will find other parts that need to be replaced while in the process of another repair. This is a very common challenge when it comes to repair estimates. There are many parts we cannot see until we do some disassembly. Once your intake manifold is apart, we can take a closer look at internal parts. Often we find parts that are on the verge of failure and it is more cost effective to replace them now than it would be to reassemble then disassemble when the part finally fails. In this case, I believe they are doing you a favor and saving you money.

3. Intake Manifold v