Q: Inconsistent RPM. It is too high majority of the time

I have santro and is giving fast pickup with increase in rpm in normal run also I have checked and cleaned throatal body adjusted the rpm but still the problem exists kindly provide corrective measure to be taken

Hi there. If a high idle is the concern a sticking idle air control valve or a vacuum leak could be the problem. Has anyone attempted an idle adjustment? If so, reset it back to the factory position. Listen around the engine compartment for a "hissing" or suction type noise as this will be an air leak into the intake and could cause a high idle is the check engine light on?

Check for codes that may be stored in the engine computer as there may be a current or pending code that could lead you in the right direction. An idle air control valve could be sticking or have contamination buildup in the valve that could be causing the erratic/high idle. Sometimes cleaning will correct the condition, but ultimately the valve needs to be replaced if this has happened.

I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car’s idling issue.