Q: Im replacing ignition coil but can i do it if motor still hot

So my ignition coil is bad I'm trying to replace it but do I have to wait for the truck to cool down before I can change it out I was just driving it to go buy part

Hi there. I always like working on an engine that has cooled down - especially to reduce the potential of burns. This can happen rather quickly when replacing the ignition coils, as you tend to bump into the intake manifold and some areas of the cylinder head - which can get rather warm. If you’ve never completed this repair on your Chevrolet, you might want to purchase a service and repair manual, as it will provide you detailed steps and tips for completing this job correctly.

3. Im replacing ignition coil but can i do it if motor still hot