ignition problems, 2000 Lexus ES300 lexus rpm (revolution...

Q: ignition problems, 2000 Lexus ES300

asked by on August 23, 2016

sometimes when i start my car the the engine rpms will not stay idle even if i press the gas .. could the problem be fuel pump going out? i checked for any vacuum leaks and the fuel filter has been changed not to long ago.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2000 Lexus ES300 Your car has what is called an idle control valve, which regulates the flow of air into the engine while the car is idling. This is a common problem, and is easily caused when this valve is dirty or just faulty. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose the idling issue in order to move forward with the appropriate repair or adjustment.