Q: Ignition locked in start position after car would turn over but not start

My 1991 Honda Accord EX ignition is stuck in start! I cannot move the key back to the I or O position. I eventually had to disconnect the battery to turn the car off. After the ignition got stuck it started up again one time and drove for about 15 miles we got out and walked around and came back but the car would not start. It turns over but then there is a knocking noise. We tried tapping the starter, putting gas in, and checked all the relays

Hi there. In some instances, when the key is stuck in the forward position and you have to remove battery power to shut off the vehicle, the ignition relay that activates the ignition timing system (distributor and such) will become damaged. The solution to this issue is to replace the ignition lock cylinder and check the ignition relay. It might be a good idea to first have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection first.

3. Ignition locked in start position after car would turn over but not start