Q: If the clutch slave cylinder goes out, is it necessary to replace the clutch as well?

When driving the clutch remained engaged with no hydraulic pressure to it. Is it necessary to change the clutch or just the slave cylinder?

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, it would be advisable to replace the clutch assembly at 100,000 miles. In order to replace the clutch slave cylinder in your vehicle, the transmission must be removed. The clutch assembly most likely is worn. Assuming the clutch slave cylinder is leaking, I recommend replacing both.

It could be that your vehicle's lack of clutch hydraulic pressure is a failed clutch master cylinder. I recommend having your vehicle's inoperative clutch be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.