Q: Car idling high

asked by on March 19, 2016

My car is idling too high. The transmission won't go into a lower gear.

Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The problem you are experiencing may be the vacuum modulator leaking in the transmission. The vacuum leak will cause the engine to idle high and the transmission will not shift correctly. The vehicle should be tested for any problems with the transmission and engine which can effect one or the other. I recommend having a mechanic scan and test the engine and transmission for codes, and the modulator valve. This will need to be done in order to diagnose and repair of your high idle problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr