Q: if I cant find where my oil leak coming from could I use blue devil oil leak treatment?

Cant find the oil leak, how should I go about looking for it? Its a old car I only paid 800 for it, just get me around till I get a new car,but I just cant find the oil leak.

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Acura TL.

The safest thing to do is this: Clean any oil off the engine. Have some leak detector dye put in the engine oil. Within a short time, the dye will come out with the oil and show up under black light.

"Oil leak treatments" tend to do more harm than good. These products work for the short-term because they cause seals and gaskets to swell. While that usually works temporarily, those "swollen" gaskets and seals will now wear faster. In no time, you will wind up with a worse leak or more leaks than you started with.

If you’re unable to fix this yourself, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to pinpoint the source of the oil leak and make the right repair for your car.

3. if I cant find where my oil leak coming from could I use blue devil oil leak treatment?