Q: I was told that my passenger side rear brake caliper was locked up.

Noe, I was told and shown where my passenger side rear brake was locked up. They wanted to replace the caliper, brake pad, and the Drum? They quoted me a price to repair all 4 brakes front and rear. Wouldn't I just need to replace the one that is locked up and only the pad on the other rear break so both rear breaks have new pads? Thanks Cecil

To perform a full overhaul of the braking system, you should replace the pads on the rear, the locked caliper, possibly the pads on the front if they are worn and flush out the dirty overheated brake fluid. If the rear rotors meet a specific thickness measurement, they may machined or resurfaced to have a fresh new surface for the new pads. You should at least have the stuck caliper replaced, rotors machined or replaced and replace the brake pads on the rear to make the vehicle safe again. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your braking system and offer a more personal repair estimate for your concerns.

3. I was told that my passenger side rear brake caliper was locked up.