Q: I was driving my 2000 Tahoe 5.3 4wd .. and it just shut off while I was driving .. tried giving it a jump and it cranks but don't

I so typed that in the wrong column

Hi Calvin. Thanks for sending in your question today. Typically when a car stalls suddenly and will not start after, it’s caused by a fuel restriction or ignition timing failure. This could specifically be caused by a fuel pump failure, mass air flow sensor failure or throttle body failure. On the ignition side, damaged timing sensors or coil packs can also cause a sudden stall. Since there are multiple possibilities, the best way to determine the root source of this problem would be to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. I was driving my 2000 Tahoe 5.3 4wd .. and it just shut off while I was driving .. tried giving it a jump and it cranks but don't