Q: Vehicle heat wont get hot. what else can it be? 2001 Ford Expedition

I've replaced the water pump, heater core and turned the blend door manually. And the vehicles heat still won't get hot. I even bled the system 3 times. What other possibilities could it be ?

A: Hello - your lack of heat from the heater i...

Hello - your lack of heat from the heater is dependent of 2 things for it's source of heat: (1) a hot engine, and (2) hot coolant flow to the heater core (which you have replaced). If the engine temperature gauge is dead center, it is at its designed operating temperature - meaning the thermostat is working properly. If it reads low, or left of center, the thermostat is not functioning properly. If this is the case, I would recommend a thermostat replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and replace your thermostat. If engine temp is correct at the middle of the gauge, the heater control valve or the heater control in the HVAC switch assembly is the likely problem - not allowing hot coolant into the heater core. I would suggest an inspection of the heater system for this problem.