Q: I took an engine from a 2002 Dodge Intrepid and put it in a 2000 Chrysler 300M do I need to leave the fuse block under the hood fr

I just bought a 2000 model Chrysler 300M from my sister-in-law she had a mechanic put a 2000 model Dodge Intrepid engine inside of it for replacement the car cuts on shuts off cuts on shuts off cuz I said so now it doesn't crank it all has nothing I just checked the fuse block someone jumped all of the 20 amp fuses and the fuse block is cracked and really very very shaky do I need the fuse block from the Dodge Intrepid engine or do I keep the same fuse block that's in the car and will it work for that Intrepid engine

Hi there. I wish we could really help you, but the reality is that this type of engine swap always has issues like you’ve described, but the fuse box is only one part of the issue you’re going to have to deal with.The main issue is due to the fact that the ECU and electrical system in the original vehicle does not connection correctly with the newer engine you have installed. Having engines link with the existing ECU happens about 50% of the time. The only way to resolve this problem is to contact a dealership, purchase a new ECU and have them program it to the new engine. In regards to the fuse box, replacing one from the vehicle, not the engine is best.

3. I took an engine from a 2002 Dodge Intrepid and put it in a 2000 Chrysler 300M do I need to leave the fuse block under the hood fr