Q: I think tranny

I feel that it shifts hard into the gears but once I'm going it drives like a dream. I read that this year Honda Odds have tranny problems should I get a new tranny or go with a reputable rebuilder? I also read that on a website that some tranny rebuilders add something to an existing tranny to make it stronger then the manufacturer. Is this possible?

A: The answer to your question about going wit...

The answer to your question about going with a new transmission or getting it rebuilt is a common question. The answer is that you most likely will only be able to get a rebuilt transmission and not a new one anyway. A re-builder may not use good quality parts to save money and an independent repair shop may not give as good as a warranty as a re-manufactured part. You will have to check into both to see which one will give you the best price with the best warranty.

Either way the job will cost thousands to get fixed and you may decide the vehicle is too old to get fixed. Before condemning the vehicle have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the transmission problem to see if it really needs a transmission overhaul.