Q: I need a new oil pump on my 2004 gmc yukon, I have low oil pressure, I recently changed the oil so I know oil level is good

I get low oil pressure when the truck idles once I accelerate pressure goes up to normal, I have changed the oil sensor unit thinking it was that, still keep getting the same reading now I know the oil pump might be failling

Depending on how low the oil pressure drops to at idle, this may be normal. It is normal for the oil pressure to be much lower at idle (~20 psi) depending on the thickness of your oil and the temperature. When you run the engine RPM’s up, it should rise to around ~40 psi. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to verify the correct oil pressure and make sure the oil pump is operating as it should.

3. I need a new oil pump on my 2004 gmc yukon, I have low oil pressure, I recently changed the oil so I know oil level is good