Q: I'm trying to do the clutch on my cobalt.

I'm trying to do my clutch on my cobalt. Can I take the engine and tranny right out of the top or does my engine have to come out separately through the top/bottom. Can I take the tranny out of the bottom without taking the motor out? How would you do it?

Hi John. Thanks for submitting your question again. We can’t provide you with steps for completing this job. If I were to do it, I would - as I suggested before, believe it or not, I would buy a service and repair manual. The manual will provide you with the right steps, and also procedures for properly adjusting the clutch after replacement. There are some online forums you can ask others to help you with this job if you search online.

3. I'm trying to do the clutch on my cobalt.