Q: I'm thinking about purchasing either a 2009 or 2010 Cayman base. Maybe an S. I'm trying to find one with around 50k or less miles.

I put that info in my question.

Hi There, Assuming your question is relating to the dependability of the Porsche Cayman, in my experience this is a great car that handles very well. As you may know, this is what is called a "mid-engine" car which means exactly that. The engine sits in the mid section of the car as opposed to the front (like most cars) or the rear like many other Porsche models such as the 911 or the Boxter. This mid engine design gives it the ability to handle much better than most cars and helps with weight distribution which is an important factor to consider when looking at a performance or sports car. If you have not already, I would suggest driving a few of them and maybe driving a Boxter or 911 as well to understand the difference in handling. This will help with giving you a point of reference.

As you know, with any used car the life expectancy of it depends largely on the maintenance schedule the owner has maintained, the driving conditions it is subjected to, the driving habits of the owner and many other factors. Often times when a car has had internal damage or even slight cosmetic damage, it may be difficult to tell without looking closely or performing an in depth inspection. As with any vehicle, proper maintenance schedules are a key factor to prolonging the longevity of the vehicle and avoiding unnecessary costly repair bills due to neglecting proper maintenance intervals. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to perform a thorough pre-purchase inspection prior to making your purchase.

• I'm thinking about purchasing either a 2009 or 2010 Cayman base. Maybe an S. I'm trying to find one with around 50k or less miles.