Can I replace 02 sensor myself grand cherokee replacement...

Q: Can I replace 02 sensor myself

asked by on July 18, 2017

How difficult is it to replace an O2 sensor in a Jeep Grand Cherokee? Is this something I can do myself?

Hello, thank you for writing in. You can absolutely change the oxygen sensor in your Jeep. It is a very simply procedure of unplugging the sensor and unscrewing it. You will need a special socket to grip the sensor and be able to remove it. You will also want this tool for reinstalling the sensor and twisting down tight enough. After that you simply plug it in and go about your day. If you do not want to buy this tool, the parts store in which you get the new sensor may rent them to you. For help with replacing your O2 sensor, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.