Q: I'm doing a timing belt on my car.

I turn the crankshaft and the camshaft after the timing belt was off my understanding now you're not supposed to do that I'm afraid I might have done something to my valve wondering how would I know that

A: Hi there. The 2.5L is identified as an inte...

Hi there. The 2.5L is identified as an interference engine. This means turning the crankshaft or camshaft(s), out of time, will bend cylinder head valves or possibly damage pistons, as the piston head comes in contact with the valve(s). Rotating by hand, a small amount, chances are all is good. Cranking the engine with the starter while the timing belt was off, chances are damage has occurred. The only way to identify the possible damage, without disassembly, would be to remove the spark plugs and look inside the cylinders with a reticulating bore scope. The other option, is to install the new timing belt and hope the engine starts with uniform compression. I recommend having your vehicle’s timing belt replacement be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.