Q: I just lost control of my vehicle in the snow and hit a curb. I think I may have damaged the axle. 2007 Chevrolet Impala

I hit a curb sideways and I may have broken the axle on my 2007 Chevy Impala. Is it worth it to get it fixed or is it going to cost me more than the car is actually worth?

Hi there - to repair and keep, or sell and move on - this will be difficult to decide without determining how much damage has been done, and the cost to repair. Selling the car damaged is usually not a great way to get anything near the full value either. I recommend a steering and suspension inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to the location of the vehicle, survey the damage, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. Then you can make an informed decision on whether to repair and keep, or sell. Good luck!

• I just lost control of my vehicle in the snow and hit a curb. I think I may have damaged the axle. 2007 Chevrolet Impala