Q: I hear a clink sound when I put my car in reverse

When I start my car in the mornings and put it in reverse, then proceed to step on the pedal, there is a loud clunk-kind of noise in the front of my car. Then it happens after I've backed up and accelerated forward. It's random and not constant, but usually in the cooler mornings or when first driving any time of the day. Can you tell me what is causing this sound?

My guess is that you have a bad transmission mount or motor mount. You probably noticed this more when the engine is cold because the idle is higher. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to listen to your vehicle to diagnose the noise.