Q: I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Galant and have oil leaking from my oil pan drain plug. Changed the plug but it is still leaking.

I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Galant and I have oil leaking from my oil pan drain plug. I have changed the plug but it's still leaking. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there. You did not mention the engine you have but most oil drain plugs have a washer that goes on first before the plug is put in. If the washer is not installed or is over tightened then it can cause the plug to leak. If after installing a sealing washer behind the plug it still leaks then the pan may have a small crack near the drain plug hole and would require replacement of the oil pan assembly.

3. I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Galant and have oil leaking from my oil pan drain plug. Changed the plug but it is still leaking.