Q: I have a 2005 Tucson 2.7 v6. How can I tell if the starter is bad?

When I go to start the car it sounds like something is stuck and nothing happens. Also, all components of the car still work. headlights come on, radio works, dome light works, air works... I just can't start the car.

Hi there;

In most cases, the component that fails first is the starter relay; which tends to exhibit the same symptoms you’re describing. However, it’s possible for the starter itself to be damaged; which will also display similar symptoms. It’s always best to let a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection first, so they can determine whether it’s the starter or the relay that is the source of your Tucson’s starting issues.

3. I have a 2005 Tucson 2.7 v6. How can I tell if the starter is bad?