Q: I have a 2000 infinity I30 that is possibly leaking trans fluid. The dip stick is completely dry but I put fluids in it about 4 da

I have a 2000 infinity I30 that is possibly leaking trans fluid. The dip stick is completely dry but I put fluids in it about 4 days ago . should I put Blue Devil in it to help or is that a bad idea?

Hi there. Absolutely do NOT put a stop leak product like Blue Devil or anything else to fix your transmission leak. These products are designed to plug leaks in gaskets or seals. However, the transmission depends on smooth flow of transmission fluid through the hydraulic lines. When you add the stop leak products, essentially your clogging these hydraulic lines, and creating a similar problem as cholesterol does to human arteries. The end result can be catastrophic transmission failure. The best way to resolve this issue is to first determine where the leak is coming from. Perhaps it’s something that can be easily repaired by a professional mechanic without too much expense.

3. I have a 2000 infinity I30 that is possibly leaking trans fluid. The dip stick is completely dry but I put fluids in it about 4 da