Q: I have a 2000 dodge ram van 1500 5.2 it will drive and go threw 1st and 2nd then will just rev up what do you think it could be

It will drive down the road go threw the gears and the last gear will just rev up and not kick down what could it be

Hi there. Typically when a vehicle is hard to shift (either up or down), it’s caused by an obstruction of hydraulic fluid inside the transmission inner lines, a gasket or seal leak or a shift solenoid that is faulty. To correctly diagnose this problem, it is a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to shift inspection.

3. I have a 2000 dodge ram van 1500 5.2 it will drive and go threw 1st and 2nd then will just rev up what do you think it could be