Q: I have a 1997 ford 4.6l mustang with a crank no start condition but it backfires after cranking a couple times

I have a 1997 ford 4.6l mustang with a crank no start condition but it backfires after cranking a couple times i have changed the ckp and cmp and still have no luck the wiring ohms out correctly and i removed and repaired where an aftermarket alarm had been still no luck also have almost 40psi of fuel pressure and strong fuel smell when cranking the engine wonder what else coule be the cause??

You have fuel pressure. You need to check the fuel by taking a fuel sample to see if there is water in the fuel or other contaminates. Make sure the spark plugs are getting spark from both coil packs. If you are not getting spark then will need to scan the computer to check for codes in the computer and diagnosis of the codes. The ECM may be defective is not giving spark signal to coils. The vehicle may need to be put on a scanner to monitor data to see if all the signal inputs and outputs are working. I would try to disconnect the mass air flow sensor to see if it starts. It could be the mass air sensor. If you are finding this is the problem, a certified technician can come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle as well as replace the mass airflow sensor.

• I have a 1997 ford 4.6l mustang with a crank no start condition but it backfires after cranking a couple times