Q: Not getting fire, changed coil and camshaft sensor?

asked by on February 15, 2017

I'm not getting any fire I've changed the coil and camshaft sensor?

Your vehicle is equipped with a crankshaft position sensor. That sensor is on the primary side of the ignition circuit and consequently you should test the sensor and all wiring to the distributor to be sure it is functioning. If there is a Hall effect pick-up in the distributor it should be tested. You can use a self powered “indicator test light” that is made for this purpose. The indicator light will flash as the sensor’s output signal comes and goes, confirming proper operation. The more common causes of failure in the ignition system should be excluded first and those are wiring faults such as loose or corroded connectors. Consequently, be sure to check the entirety of the low voltage PRIMARY ignition circuit to the coil and/or the ignition control module. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a distributor/ignition system diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.