Q: Grinding noise in park truck wont move

asked by on June 06, 2016

Driving down highway heard a clunk truck stopped driving and grinds in park like the park pin is engaging transfer case?

Grinding sound from transmission Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, there are a few possible cases for the truck to stop while driving like this. You did not mention if the grinding noise is in all the gears or just park. The most common would be a transmission failure, driveshaft failure, transfer case failure, or a ring and pinion failure. The car will most likely need to be looked at in person to make sure that it is inspected thoroughly. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the grinding noise to detect the fault and perform any repairs required.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr